Friday, November 16, 2012

Update: PBE Madness

For those who are curious I did not, in fact, have any idea the Season 3 changes would be hitting the PBE last night. My oddly timed post regarding how to prepare for the chaos was a coincidence, and my cryptic twitter message was for a secret personal project the details of which will be revealed in due time.

Now that it's all out there, both reignofgaming.net and surrenderat20.net have good round ups of all the crazy stuff that's on the PBE. You can only sign up for a PBE account at the start of the month, so unfortunately those of you who are without one will have to live vicariously through streams, blogs, and YouTube videos (the queue for the PBE is probably as long as the Great Wall of China anyway).

I'll talk about everything in much greater detail as I have the opportunity to test and digest it all, but for now here are my initial impressions:
  • The new jungle is poorly balanced, much in the same way the Season 2 revamp was.
  • The new HUD is pretty and clean, but the shop's sounds are unsatisfying.
  • Nami is about as "Regal" as Ariel.
  • Xypherous wasn't kidding when he said Runaan's Hurricane + Muramasa would drain your mana fast.
From here on I'll be picking out specific topics to discuss. Quite likely the jungle will be the first one, as it's close to my heart and also in the process of being butchered. In the meantime, enjoy your information overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment